The Center for Fathers and Families (CFF) developed the M.A.S.T.E.R.S. (Making After School Time Enriching, Rewarding, and Successful) After-School Program in 2007. Partnerships were developed with the Twin Rivers Unified School District to build a strong after school program that provides students with additional academic support, behavior modification, and enrichment opportunities.
M.A.S.T.E.R.S. sites are funded by the California Department of Education’s, ASES (After School Education and Safety) Program, 21st Century Community Learning Centers, and numerous corporate and foundation grants. During the 2012-2013 school year, M.A.S.T.E.R.S. is being offered at thirteen Twin Rivers Unified School District schools (Allison, Castori, Fairbanks, Hagginwood, Hazel Strauch, Smythe Academy K-6, FC Joyce, Northwood, Pioneer, Rio Tierra JHS, Norwood JHS and Woodlake) and one school in the Natomas Unified School District (Jefferson).
MASTERS After School Program at Woodlake Elementary
Hours of operation:
• Our program will run from August 14, 2014 – June, 13, 2015
• Our program is open Monday – Friday from 3:05 to 6:05 p.m.
• When Woodlake has a shortened or minimum day, our program will start as soon as students are released from school and will end at the usual time.
• Our program is closed on all days that the school is not in session.
- Supper meal program
- Homework assistance
- Go Math and Treasures ELA review
- Independent reading time - 100 Book Challenge (K-1st) and Accelerated Reader (2nd-6th)
- SPARK (Sports, Play & Active Recreation for Kids) Physical Education Program
- Workshop Centers
- Imagine Learning and ST Math
- Character Counts
- Enrichment Clubs (Nutrition & cooking, Science, Art and Preforming Arts)
- Workout Fridays
- Cup stacking
- MASTERS Sports Team (Soccer, basketball, cheerleading, track and field)
Who can attend?
K-6th grade students who attend Woodlake Elementary
How much does it cost?
The MASTERS program is FREE!
How can I enroll my child?
Parents/Guardians must submit a MASTERS application (available in the school office). Once completed, return it to the school office. Space is limited, students will be enrolled based on availabilty. THOSE STUDENTS ADMITTED WILL BE NOTIFIED BY PHONE BY THE MASTERS STAFF ONCE SPACE BECOMES AVAILABLE.
The MASTERS Staff at Woodlake:
Ms. Barajas, Site Coordinator
Ms. Ms. Argueta,Team Leader (Kinder and 1st grade)
Ms. Carrillo, Team Leader (2 and 3rd grade)
Mr. Coria, Team Leader (3rd and 4th grade)
Ms. Weaver, Team Leader (5th and 6th grade)
For questions regarding the M.A.S.T.E.R.S. program at Woodlake, please contact Ms. Barajas at (916) 284-5782 or by e-mail: Lili@fathersandfamilies.com. You can also contact our agency, Center for Fathers and Families at (916) 568-3237.
Learn more about what our agency has to offer by visiting: